An initial chiropractic consultation at Life Chiropractic Clinics is a two-appointment process.
Your first appointment will involve a comprehensive review of your health history, a chiropractic examination, postural & spinal assessment and x-rays if medically required.
1. Case history
On arrival to the clinic you will be asked to fill out a health questionnaire which includes personal details, current and past medical history, medications, goals and motivation for treatment and details of any symptoms you currently have.
You will then meet your chiropractor who will review your form prior to making further assessments and taking notes, including:
- Duration and frequency of symptoms
- Description of the symptoms (e.g. burning, throbbing)
- Areas of pain
- What makes the pain feel better (e.g. sitting, stretching)
- What makes the pain feel worse (e.g. standing, lifting).
3. Physical examination.
Your chiropractor will then use a variety of assessments and images to identify specific areas of concern and formulate a diagnosis of your complaint.
- Posture assessment and images
- Chiropractic tests
- Orthopaedic tests
- Neurological tests
- X-rays (if medically required)
At your second appointment your results and assessment findings will be fully explained to you along with your treatment options.